Monday, October 6, 2008

Good and bad design





I think an example of good design is the old Facebook.com, which was simple in design and didn't have many of the bells and whistles it does today. It was an effective tool for socializing online because there wasn't a bunch of nonsense you had to sort through in order to get to what your friends were trying to say to you. It was a simpler time.

An example of a Web site trying to do too much with its layout would be new Facebook. I think Facebook has gone off their rocker and 99% of the stuff on the site now is worthless. What's up with that map with people in different countries having lines drawn between them? I don't need that. I've been used to the little log-in box being in the same place for the past four years. Why change it up on me now?

Facebook: Don't mess with success.

No comments: